Saturday, November 22, 2008

Give Thanks

Fun fact about Meg: a major part of my spiritual practice is gratitude. I use prayers of thanks to ground, center, and remind myself how lucky I am. This season brings this practice to the forefront because I get the unusual opportunity to hear from others on the subject of that which makes them feel most thankful.

A litany, then, of blessings. I am so very blessed.

The elements of life are all around me. I am them, they are me.






The world is full of hungry desperate people and I am lucky enough to live among people who do not go hungry, who do not allow each other to go hungry. I am fed by these people and the Earth every day.




I have a strong, beautiful faith that informs and comforts me. I have a community of like minded people building a future together.


I have an awesome husband. He is my best friend and my equal, and I love him so much.


I have a wonderful family.




I have amazing, intelligent friends who shape my world.







I am privileged to go to school.


My life is not always easy or ever perfect, but it is lovely. I learn something every day, love someone every day, work hard, play hard, and think hard. I am so, so lucky this Thanksgiving.


No comments: