Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Want

I want to be a postage stamp; to stick tenaciously to te thing I was meant for until I get where I am going.

I want to be a cup of coffee; a custom and a comfort, a meeting ground and a pleasure to all who partake.

I want to be the best book you've
ever read; the one that made you laugh and cry and imagine yourself in another world.

I want to be that sixty-year marriage between best friends who still make each other laugh and give footrubs even though they have arthritis.

I want to be as smart as my husband thinks I am. I want to be the person my best friend holds me to being.

I want to be as good a student as I was in fifth grade; before I figured out that I knew everything and nothing mattered.

I want to remember ever day how privileged I am to go to school; that I don't fear stoning or shunning for being a woman with a book.

I want to remind everyone with whom I interact that they are important, that their contribution is unique and priceless.

No comments: